Monday, May 14, 2012

What is The Secret?

I think I need a motivational speaker.  Or one of those seminars at the hotel banquet rooms where I can learn how to make all my dreams come true.  I've set this goal, to climb Mt. Hood in 344 days from now, yet there is no plan.

And that is how I roll.

I'm a fly by the seat of my pants, get there when I get there, it all comes out in the wash kind of person.  Despite my late arrivals and the chaos that comes without planning, I sort of admire that I can pull off so many things that seem impossible. 

But I'm pretty sure it won't work this time.  A three mile vertical climb will not just happen.  Training is required.  My lungs must be conditioned to deliver oxygen efficiently to keep muscles moving for 11 hours. 

Do I need a guru?  A personal trainer?  Do I need an app?  Must I simply imagine myself as a fit climber and I will become that?  Maybe I need a spreadsheet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment