Sunday, April 29, 2012

Roadblocks

For me to get to the top of Mt. Hood and back home safe to my family, I need a body I can trust. But right now, my it's in dismal shape. Yet I don’t have any disease or disorders. I don’t have chronic pain. I would not need a doctor’s clearance to start any new physical routine. I could theoretically take up a new sport. Theoretically, I could kick Joe’s ass in tennis once again.  

Even so, there are many roadblocks in my way. Can I really share my long list of excuses? The list that rolls over in my mind, runs on a loop while I’m at work, while I sleep, while I drive to Dairy Queen at 8 pm at night for a butterscotch dipped cone.

Here goes.

I am too busy.  
I can’t afford to join a gym. 
I have to choose between writing and exercising.

I have to choose between exercising and spending time with the kids.

I can’t breathe through my nose.

I am uncoordinated.

I don’t like to compete.

I don’t have good tennis shoes.

I don’t like to be around other people while they sweat.

I don’t like to sweat. 

I don’t like the way sweat smells.
I don’t like to get heated up.

I love to cook comfort food.

I love to eat comfort food.

I have to cook for my family.

I am too busy to make two meals.

I can’t afford to cook two meals.

I feel like I’m going to die when I’m on a diet.

Food on demand feels like love.
Food on demand has brought fifty unnecessary pounds and high cholesterol.

These excuses need to be answered, one by one if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment